How we helped the client
The customer, a world-leading company within the chemical sector, wanted tools to prioritize preventive maintenance efforts and thus create a streamlined maintenance operation. Our role in this work was to implement value-add type maintenance through new ways of working, tools and methods which streamlined maintenance and improved the cooperation between daily operation and maintenance.
How we did it
In the first step, we gathered the management team for a workshop to present the purpose, objectives and strategies to implement value-add maintenance. The participants in the workshop were asked to actively work with tools and models for a basic risk analysis. After the workshop, the work was focused on compiling, analyzing and prioritizing the maintenance of assets. Actea brought competence to the table in terms of asset mapping, maintenance strategies and project management. The result was compiled to a base for decision in which the assets can be prioritized both from a corrective and preventive maintenance point of view.
What we achieved
- A deeper understanding of the role maintenance plays as a part of the core operation and anchoring of value-add maintenance.
- Maintenance solutions that were cost, resource and time efficient.
- A more effective planning and preparation of maintenance based on facts rather than hunches.
- A clear prioritization of which systems to address first
- Secured that the maintenance system contained correct information and that the information is never lost
- A common nomenclature to improve corporation between daily operation and maintenance functions