Modernizing and optimizing IT development
How we helped the client
The customer, a big municipality, currently runs an extensive IT development work with the purpose of satisfying the organization’s IT support needs while creating a modern and secure IT environment. As part of the municipality’s IT work a number of projects have been started which are driven by different administrations within the municipality and in some cases in cooperation with one or several neighboring municipalities. The increasing number and complexity of projects highlighted the need of coordinating them in order to secure internal interfaces and support project managers in their work, i.e. maximizing the output.
Actea will support IT development on a strategic, tactical and operational level and we will man up the roles of project manager or project coordinator. The projects span from establishing a management system for social and elder care, outsourcing of IT operations, archive solutions and to implementation of e-service platforms. Furthermore, we have helped the municipality to implement a common project model, a web based project toll and a project office. Actea have also supported in shaping and implementing a new demand organization for IT.
How we did it
We used the following services during the project:
- Project management
- Change management
- Operational development and IT analysis
- Supporting procurement and agreements
- Structure and basic orderliness in the (IT) organization
What we achieved
- A project office established, supported by a common project model and web based tool
- More confident decision making in terms of major IT decisions and deliverables
- A strengthened IT development structure
- Improved delivery precision and quicker results from IT development