Focusing on leadership
How we helped the client
The customer, a judiciary agency, has chosen Developing Leadership as the base for developing future leaders. They will continually train leaders and employees during a four year period. The project entails developing leaders and employees as well as the establishing the organization-wide approach and values needed. Actea’s role is to coach groups and individuals through this change which is ongoing from year 2009 to 2013.
How we did it
Around 30 leaders, varying from senior managers to informal leaders, have participated in some of the executed programs so far. 120 or so employees have participated in a program, varying from attending a single seminar to taking part of longer training series with home work assignments. The first step in their leadership development is a basic program which contains:
- Leader assessment based on the person’s leadership skills and the effect achieved in the interaction with employees and the whole organization.
- A basic leadership program based on Developmental Leadership, a three and a half day program including a development plan.
- An individual in depth analysis and feedback to respective leader on her strengths, areas for improvement, leadership potential and barriers to reach that potential.
- Reflection and experience sharing. The participants receive methods to reflect, share experiences and support each other’s development in a structured manner.
- Training for the managers’ teams in order to synchronize values, terminology and tools as well as create understanding of how to develop individuals and teams.
- Supporting internal process managers to set up implementation strategies that secure real and everyday effects of the program.
What we achieved
- Roles and responsibilities are clarified
- Leaders have knowledge of how their leadership impacts the result and the employees but also how they can improve it even more.
- Personal development, increased self-awareness and understanding of leadership effects on employees and the team’s development.
- The leaders have better tools to use in everyday leadership
- Employees have tools to facilitate everyday tasks and have created opportunities to be more committed and take more initiative.