An industrialised approach
How we helped the client
The client, a manufacturing company in the offshore industry, wanted to undertake extensive streamlining of its processes and procedures. The aim was to create an industrialised approach, starting from the “Marketing and Sales” process, progressing through the company to culminate in that of “Aftermarket”.
Actea’s task was to describe how a new industrialised approach would work, what demands it would put on IT support, as well as what the change would mean for the client.
During our work the client was experiencing something of a dearth of orders, due in part to a harsher competitive environment, and adding to the need to achieve in-house efficiencies.
How we did it
During the project we used the following services:
- Objectives analysis and management by objectives to support the company management by formulating objectives and underlying sub-objectives that the new processes would achieve.
- Value stream analysis to identify and analyse bottlenecks in existing processes. This was used to design and create revised processes.
- Benefits management (also known as “Business Case”) to develop an initial benefits plan indicating what the benefits (improvement objectives) were worth in money terms, as well as the investment costs required, and the risks that might arise during implementation. The results of the analysis were used to prioritise, manage and monitor the change process.
- Change support and coaching of the management team and middle managers to help the client achieve success in its change process.
What we achieved
- Increased reuse of technical solutions in the design process
- Fewer changes to drawings
- Lower purchasing costs
- Reduced disruption of production due to problems with materials
- A better calculation basis for marketing and sales